Our Employment practice is geared towards advising small owner-managed businesses, medium-sized enterprises and large corporations. We provide specialist employment law help, advice and services tailored to suit our individual client’s needs. We offer a professional, approachable, personable service and good value for your money. An employer’s workforce is paramount to the employer’s business and consequently the process of employing staff or terminating contracts of employment may have serious consequences for a business, both financially and legally. Our advice and guidance is tailored to your business’ particular needs, and we accurately provide as much practical legal advice as you may need. We are an experienced Team that you can rely on to provide you with practical solutions to your employment challenges.
Some of our services include:
It is important that businesses have an understanding of employment law practises to ensure that it is applied correctly to staff. We can provide in-house seminars, workshops and training on specific changing areas of the law or on specific subjects identified or suggested by you, the employer. We provide clear, informal and easy to understand training to help managers and staff understand what they should do to ensure that the business is in compliance with good employment law practices. To ensure that you have up to date information we could also send you regular updates on employment areas that may affect your business.
Recruiting staff, Human Resources and protecting your business
We help you create the specific documents your business needs when employing staff, making staff redundant, assisting an employee with poor performance, illness, absence from work, and we’ll also work with your business to ensure that your business introduces all round good employment law practises that would reduce any risks your business may face for breaches of employment law in the recruitment, retention, or termination, processes. We also cover most of the Human Resources functions needed by businesses. So we could be both your Solicitors and provide the practical Human Resources element needed by your business.
We offer a full litigation service in England and Wales and act for employers in defending claims at the Employment Tribunal as well as drafting compromise agreements in settlement cases.
Some of the areas we cover are:
- Contracts of employment
- Job description and person specification
- Compromise agreements
- Representation at Employment Tribunals
- Restrictive Covenants &Confidentiality agreements
On the Human Resources side of things, our services include:
- Staff Handbooks
- Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures
- Attending Grievance and Disciplinary Hearings
- Procedure on how to deal with Bullying and Harassment
- Procedure on how to deal with Internet usage by staff
- How to deal with a Reference request for a dismissed employee
We also do work specifically for schools. The areas we cover are:
- Providing guidance on a day to day basis as required
- Attending Disciplinary & Grievance Hearings
- Defending claims at the Employment Tribunal
- Agreeing Settlements and Compromise Agreements
- Providing training on how to ensure the school is up to date with evolving employment law
- How to deal with Capability and Sickness issues of staff
- Drafting handbooks, policies and procedures
Sample Fixed Fees
Is your business adequately protected by sound employment HR policies and procedures?
The areas covered in a basic Employee Handbook are:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Absence Management
- Capability Procedures
- Policies dealing with Discrimination in the workplace
- Grievance and Disciplinary Policies and Procedures
This monthly retainer buys your business:
- 60 minutes of solicitor’s professional consultation time and legal advice per month
- Any retainer unused in any month can be accrued and carried over
Because your business can accrue and carry forward any unused month on the retainer, the accumulated benefits your business can enjoy are potentially unlimited. Your monthly retainer can also be used by your business to:
- Instruct us to advise on and conduct disciplinary and grievance hearings
- Instruct us to provide mediation services
- Instruct us to draft correspondence on its behalf
- Instruct us to negotiate and prepare compromise agreements
Your monthly retainer can be as flexible as your business is.
With a £500 deposit, we offer a bespoke, personal service tailored to suit your business.
This service may include:
- We attend meetings
- We conduct investigations
- We write Outcome and Recommendation Reports
- We facilitate mediations
- We support managers and employers on implementing changes in the workplace
- We provide HR support and advice throughout the process
- We advise on investigation stages
- We advise on disciplinary meetings
- We assist and attend meetings
- We draft correspondences, Outcome Letters and Warnings
- We assist with implementing up to date policies and procedures
- We assist with under-performance and sickness absence
- We assist management with capability meetings
- We assist with reviewing employees work performance
- Drafting performance plans and setting review periods
- Advise when to dismiss for performance and long term sickness
Call us today to arrange one or all of these packages for your business!
For employment law advice, or to find answers to any questions concerning our employment services, contact us for a free consultation by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 0203 059 7935.
- Easily Understood
- Real Solutions
- Our clients recognise that in today’s marketplace they must evolve and adapt, to succeed.
- Our clients are smart.
- Our clients recognise that they need more than simply legal services…
- …they need sound legal advice that enhances their business and delivers real results.
- They need Christian The Law Firm.
- The law, like the marketplace, is constantly evolving and changing.
- Let us help your business adapt, evolve…
- Contact us, for excellent legal advice designed to make your business grow.